In our previous posts we told you about our experiences at the training school (here you can find Susa’s), but now we would like to tell you more objectively what happen in the first 3 days of training! We believe that the topics are always the same, just with a different schedule, because Susa had a schedule and Marty another one! Below a list of all the topics and later we will give you more details on how the days work.
- Rules and responsibilities of an au pair
- Kids development, distinctive traits of every group age
- Kids Safety (car, places with water, other situations)
- CPR and first aid
- General information about America and American culture
- Create a positive environment with the host family, avoid fights and how to handle the communication with the family.
- Driving in the United States
Once landed in the States a shuttle will come pick you up and will drop you off at your Hotel, which is just outside Manhattan. Continue reading